Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) How to pay property tax in Tanzania.
If you’re looking for How to pay property tax in Tanzania, Luckily, you have come to the right place as we have all the information that is relevant to How to pay property tax in Tanzania. At Mabumbe, we wish to guide you Read on to know more about How to pay property tax to TRA in Tanzania.
The Tanzania Revenue Authority is a government agency of Tanzania, charged with the responsibility of managing the assessment, collection and accounting of all central government revenue. It is a semi-autonomous body that operates in conjunction with the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs.
Follow the following steps:-
- Visit TRA website tra.go.tz – Click “Do it online” Select “Property Registration”.
- Enter Property Reference Number e.g. KMC00114XXX or Payer ID Number e.g. 201701XXXXXX found in the previous Demand Notice,
- Enter registered Payer ID or Property reference number in the text box provided.
- Click “Estimate Tax” to get Demand Notice.
- Note down the control number which begins with 9910XXXXXXX (found in the Demand Notice).
- Make payment through Mobile networks (MPesa, TigoPesa, Airtel Money or HaloPesa or through banks (NMB or CRDB) countrywide.
PROCEDURE TO GET PROPERTY RATE DEMAND NOTICE THROUGH
Follow the following steps:-
- Ensure you have Property Reference Number e.g. KMC00114XXX or Payer ID Number e.g. 201701XXXXXX found in the previous Demand Notice.
- Dial *152*00# for all Mobile Phones Networks
- Select 5 TRA
- Select 1 Property Rate
- Select 1 if you have Property Reference Number e.g. KMC00114XXX
- Select 2 if you have Payer ID e.g. 201701XXXXXX Enter property reference number or Payer ID as opted above.
- You will receive a short message from TRA with Control number beginning with 9910XXXXXX and amount to be paid.
- Note down amount and the control number which begins with 9910XXXXXXX
- Make payment through Mobile Phones Networks (Mpesa, Tigopesa, Airtel Money or Halopesa) or through banks (NMB or CRDB) countrywide.
HOW TO MAKE PAYMENT
Payment can be done through NMB or CRDB banks countrywide or through Mobile Phone Networks (Mpesa, Tigopesa, Airtel Money or Halopesa)
- Go to Mpesa, Tigopesa, Airtel Money or Halopesa
- Select Pay through Mpesa, Tigopesa, Airtel Money or Halopesa subject to your service provider
- Enter company number 888999 for the mobile phones network stated above
- Enter Control Numberg. 99102XXXXXXX
- Enter the assessed amount
- Enter PASSWORD
- Confirm payment
- Notification will be sent to you regarding the transaction that you have made.
UNREGISTERED PROPERTY IN THE TRA SYSTEM, THE OWNER IS REQUIRED TO VISIT ANY OF THE TRA NEAREST OFFICE.
“Together We Build Our Nation”
For more information, please call the Toll free numbers;
- 0800-780078 or 0800-750075
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
READ ALSO: JOBS IN TANZANIA
For more information Visit https://www.tra.go.tz/index.php/paying-taxes/147-tax-payment-procedure